Unique Winter Play format seeks creative minds

Photo courtesy of @BG_Bison

The BG theater program is no stranger to unique circumstances. The recent fall play took place outdoors on the football field.

The winter play will be holding its first informational meeting over Zoom on Oct. 28 at 3:30 p.m.

Directed by English teacher Lauren Stenzel, this year’s production will be a different experience than ever before. It will take on the form of a radio show using short stories, poetry, monologues and music from around Illinois. These stories will come from renowned Illinois writers from the past, present and future.

“We are looking for creative minds who love working with their voice, enjoy telling stories and have characters they want to come to life.”

— Director Lauren Stenzel

This unique production is meant to provide authentic experience for emerging actors, writers and journalists. It is seeking students interested in performing, writing, interviewing and composing music. Students of all ages are welcome to get involved—no experience is necessary!

Students can sign up for the first information meeting by filling out this form. Students who respond to this form will be sent a Zoom link via their school email.

We are excited to see new and returning students at the meeting! Email Mrs. Stenzel with any questions.