Future Animation class provides excitement for interested students

Starting in the 21-22 school year, BG will be setting up an animation class. With animated movies like “Toy Story 4” and “Klaus”, students have been showing more and more interest in the animation realm. 

The class will have four different levels; Animation 1, Animation 2, Animation 3 and, of course,  AP Animation. Animation one is an introductory class, it teaches students how to animate a ball rolling by using an app called FlipaClip. The students will also learn a simple walking cycle.

In the more advanced class, the students will start to work on developing their own episodes for animated series that will be aired on TV. By animation AP, students have to recreate a full one hour of a Disney Movie. 

“I’m very excited for this class,” sophomore Anima Shon said. “I feel that this class will bring something new to BG that has never been seen before.”

The classes will have a maximum of up to 50 students. Each student will have to bring their own computer from home and will have to pay for Adobe Animation. 

“This is a class meant for those who have an intense love for animation,”  animation teacher Draw Ying said. “This is not for the faint of heart and you will have 50 hours of animation homework per week.”

To show progress on their animation, students will need to create a YouTube channel. There will be secessions where students show their animations to the class. 

For those who want to major in animation, this will be a good class to take. Students will be able to show colleges their work that they did in high school. 

Overall, this class will be beneficial to those who are interested in animation, drawing and the arts in general. 

“I’m excited to see what this class will be,” freshman Art Sykid said. “I hope that this will help my skills.”